PointsBet Sportsbook Review Illinois – Worth a Gamble?
In this PointsBet Sportsbook online review you’ll learn why it’s one of the top US betting sites. In Jan 2019 PointsBet launched its operations and will look to do the same in Illinois in September of 2020. The legislation by Gov. J.B. Pritzker. that was passed to create bill SB 690 means you can place bets online in the state.
Illinois Gaming Board and Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) has approved PointsBet in Illinois, which is great news. People of other states already love what PointsBet brings to the table and they get top marks from other bookmaker reviews too.
Sports Available at PointsBet Illinois Review
PointsBet launched with a big lineup of sports, which is not always the case with online sportsbooks. The impressive selection of popular sports includes UFC, Formula 1, golf, soccer, MLB, NBA, and NFL. It’s an impressive lineup of sports that will keep gamblers engaged in the action for a long time.
PointsBet is one of those Illinois legal sports betting sites that allow you to bet on niche sports too. This includes sports like MMA, NASCAR, and table tennis. Check regularly to see if new sports were added.
Furthermore, one-off sporting events are added to mix things up. This happens when popular events take place such as the Olympics or a marathon. Taking advantage of these new events can break the monotony of constantly betting on the same sports. You can also check out casino options such as slots and roulette.
Live Betting Online – Best of Sportsbooks Sites
Betting live is known as “in-play” at the PointsBet Sportsbook. The feature enables punters to wager on live-action. The PointsBet odds during the match are constantly updated based on the score. For example, the underdog might have bad odds to win at the start of the game, but that changes if they go ahead. Keep an eye on the live betting schedule to see what upcoming games you can place the type of wager that gets you excited about the match.
Custom Bets Allow You to Personalize The Experience
Using the shortcut menu place pre-defined custom bets. Therefore, you don’t have to search for the same bet types every time you log in. For instance, if you regularly bet on NFL games and the Patriots, then you can set that up as a custom bet. You can make PointsBet feel like your sports betting home when you take the time to customize bets.
How to Start Betting on PointsBet
Navigate to the PointsBet website and look for the “Sign Up” button, which will be located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You’ll be asked to enter your name and email to register an account. Verify your account using the email link that’s sent in the first email. A promo code might have been entered during the sign-up process, which means you get a bonus right away and can place a risk-free bet. However, this depends on if there is a promotion running at the time of sign up.
Log in and navigate to the menu at the top left-hand corner. Clicking on the menu icon reveals the selection of sports that you can bet on. Choose a sport allows you to select the wager type that’s of interest to you.
PointsBet Sportsbook App & Mobile
You can use the Android and iOS operating systems to place PointsBet Sportsbook wagers. The download and installation process should only take a few minutes to complete from start to finish. The mobile app can be accessed on tablets, PCs, and smartphones. This gives you the freedom to choose the device that you’re most comfortable playing on.
The app user interface is intuitive and easy to use. It won’t take more than a couple of minutes to figure out where your favorite games can be found to place a bet.
How to Download the PointsBet Sportsbook App
iOS: the iTunes marketplace allows you to download the PointsBet Sportsbook app for the Apple platform. Type in the search term “PointsBet Sportsbook” and it should be the top choice on the list. The app allows you to create an account and begin the betting action.
Android: you need to download the PointsBetAndroidApp.apk file from the official website. It’s at the bottom of the homepage and you need to click on the “Download for Android” button. However, you must create an account on the official website to enjoy the Android software.
Pointsbet Bonuses & Promo Code
The promo code WELCOME can be used to receive a deposit bonus when you sign up. The code is usually added during the sign-up process. You receive two risk-free bets up to $200 in value, but you must deposit that amount. The bonus enables you to try out PointsBet Sportsbook without risking the cash from your bank account.
Visit the promotion page to look at the latest promo codes of PointsBet Sportsbook. They offer so much choice that you’ll find a good bonus on most sports that the website offers.
More Reasons to Play at PointsBet Sportsbook
Placing bets gives you points that can be used to receive items. The number of points received depends on the amount that’s wagered. However, not all sports on the website have an equal loyalty program. For instance, NFL betting bonuses give you cash for constant betting. Check the details of each sport to see what loyalty program rewards you can receive.
What Type of Wagers Can You Place at PointsBet Sportsbook
- Points spread: most players and teams facing off have different odds of winning. The points spread system evens up the odds so that placing a wager for either side gives you a 50/50 chance of winning. The caveat is that the payout differs based on what side has a better chance to win in the field of play.
- Totals: the final score of the game is the purpose of this bet type.
- Moneylines: this refers to a bet where more than one outcome is possible.
- Futures: this type of bet is about predicting the outcome of an event in the future. For instance, it could be the player to win a tennis or golf championship. Futures are usually a higher-risk bet with a bigger reward.
- Propositions: these are bets that focus on a variable or stat of the match that doesn’t have to impact the win. For instance, the number of corners a team gets in a soccer match or the first team to achieve 10 rebounds in a basketball game.
- Parlay wagering: multiple single bets equate to a parlay. You can increase the number of single bets to increase the payout multiplier.
- Teasers: similar to parlays, but there is more control over the betting action.
- Round robins: 3+ parlays are placed that have 3 single bets each. The strategy offers exciting payouts while managing the risk.
PointsBet Online SportsBook Banking & Withdrawal Options
Cash deposits can be made at PointsBet Sportsbook using Paynearme, PayPal, Bitcoin, Neteller, Paysafecard, Skrill, MasterCard, and Visa. Most deposit options are capped at $50,000 and the minimum is $5. You can withdraw using the same options as the deposit ones.
The payment processing platform you use determines the security – each one has its own protections. Do background research on each one to find a payment processor you’re comfortable with. This helps to avoid PointsBet Sportsbook scams that could turn you away from the platform.
To summarize, the PointsBet Sportsbook Illinois website is a good choice. The combination of the excellent user interface and intuitive mobile app means punters will want to bet daily. Also, there is a lot of action, which includes the intense live betting format. Also, the PointsBet promo code page means it’s worth coming back to check on what new PointsBet Illinois bonus codes are available for welcome bonuses.
This sportsbook is one of the newer additions to the gambling industry, so expect it to improve in the coming years. Check out the website regularly to see what new offers and sporting activities they have for loyal PointsBetting punters.
Customer Support at PointsBet Online Sportsbook
Customer support is one of their strengths. The friendly and experienced team answers your questions and helps make bets. You can rely on them for advice on how to bet within your limits or provide technical help with the user interface. During the busy hours of the day, you may experience longer waiting times, but generally, they are quick to respond.
There is a “Live Chat” button in the header of the screen where you can instantly get answers to your questions. The box to chat opens up in the bottom right-hand screen, like on most other websites. You can also send an email at [email protected] if you don’t need a fast response.
Choosing the right sportsbook is a complicated process that requires you to check different platforms before you start playing. Fortunately, we prepared all information in our reviews, so it is highly recommended to read these articles to learn more about other websites in the US (IL) and pick up the best one:
Frequently Asked Questions
What states is PointsBet Sportsbook betting legal in?
- You can play PointsBet in Pennsylvania, Kansas, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, New York, and New Jersey.
Can you bet on PointsBet for Free?
- The welcome bonus allows you to place 2 free bets that have a combined value of $200. The bet is free, but you have to make a deposit to receive the bet. Therefore, it’s not completely free as money is required.
Is sports gambling legal in Illinois?
- Yes, the bill passed by the Governor of Illinois allows sports betting in the state. Illinois gaming commission hands out the approval for each sportsbook.
Is PointsBet Sportsbook legit?
- PointsBet has been around for a while and serves a lot of gamblers. They deposit and withdraw money to the site, which means you can do the same.
Who can bet at PointsBet Sportsbook?
- Players must be 21 years of age or older and physically in one of the approved states. Learn the sports betting rules to see if you can play.